Monday, April 6, 2015

Another rainy day and Switched on Bach

The whole pack was having a hard day getting started today. Regardless we did. Kathy made Stephen coffee. Stephen graded multiple student papers and answered their questions. Stephen made his laptop play music, (I like music).

Today, he started with J.S. Bach: "Switched-On" Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G major, BWV 1048, 1. Allegro (Synthesized). I played along with my blue spikey squeaky ball.

I like synthesized music. Stanford University's most lucrative patent came from Dr. John Chowning in its music department. Over the course of two decades, (patents are only good for 20 people years, which is an infinite number of puppy years), his discovery, "frequency modulation synthesis," made the school more than $25 million in licensing fees. I sound really smart don't I? Don't take it too seriously, I read it on the Internet. The info came from a site called Digg and I love to dig. Oh do I love to dig. I dug up one of Kathy's Oregon grapes just yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment