Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sunday

Stephen and Kathy are getting ready to go. I know the pattern by now. They don't know that I can tell when they don't plan to take me. They take me out to my potty, and look at their watches. Dogs understand body language very well. Next comes the books covered with chewtoy protectors. I knew it! It is Sunday and they are going to church. Worse, they will leave in the evening for small group. Ever had a song you just can't get out of your head? It's that song the Dames and Sires used to sing. . .


Sunday, Sunday, so sad for me me
Sunday morning, it was all I hoped it would be
Oh, Sunday morning, Sunday morning couldn't guarantee
That Sunday evening, they would still be here with me
Sunday, Sunday, can't trust that day
Sunday, Sunday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh, Sunday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be
Oh, Sunday, Sunday, how could you leave and not take me?
Every other day, every other day
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Sunday comes
But whenever Sunday comes
You can find me howling all of the time
Sunday, Sunday, so good to me
Sunday morning, it was all I hoped it would be
But Sunday morning, Sunday morning couldn't guarantee
That Sunday evening, you would still be here with me

No comments:

Post a Comment